The Display View box
This box is used
to display just the part of the schedule you are interested in.
Fill in what you want to view, and then click on the Display View button.
This can save you time when dealing with a large schedule,
particularly if you are using a mobile device.
For example, if you wanted to
reserve a tennis court for Friday evening, you could hone the schedule
down to just that by selecting Friday in the
Its Day of Week dropdown menu, and 5PM
and 8PM in the Item's Start Time fields.
If you decide a temporary view will be of use to you in the future, click
on the Save link on the signup page's title line.
A view displays the schedule items that match all the entered criteria.
If no criteria are entered, the full schedule is displayed.
- Check Only match items still available to you if you only want
to see schedule items you can still signup for.
- Start times(s). For example, if you enter 9AM, items that start at 9AM would match.
- Day(s) of week. For example, if you select Wednesday, items scheduled on any
Wednesday in the schedule would match.
- Date(s). For example, if you enter 6/12, items scheduled on June 12 would match.
- Activity info. For example,
if you select Warden, only schedule items whose activity is Warden would match.
More interestingly, if you select a menu item containing a *,
the * matches anything. For example, if you select *,Precinct 1, all schedule items whose
activity name ends in Precinct 1 would match.
- If only one field of a date/time row is filled in, the other is set to the same value.
- If both are filled in, all items in the range match.
For example, if you enter both 1PM and 4PM, all schedule items starting anywhere from 1PM
to 4PM would match.
- More on dates:
- You can enter Today-relative dates. That is, whenever the criteria is evaluated,
it is interpreted relative to whatever day is currently Today. To do this, enter a
number: -1 is yesterday, 0 is today, 1 is tomorrow, and so on.
- Setting a date to * sets it to far in the past or future.
For example, setting the 1st Item's Date field to 0 and the 2nd to *
says to match all items scheduled for today or later.
- In a grid view, when whole rows and/or whole columns are not
part of the view, the grid simply
gets smaller. When just some cells in a row are not part of the current view, those
cells display what they normally display — but dimmer and smaller.
Choosing a View Layout
Your event staff should provide appropriate ways to view an event's schedule,
but you can choose your own views/layouts when desired. The List layouts are good
for smaller or irregular schedules. The Grid layouts are good for dense, repetitive
schedules (e.g. reserving tennis courts).
The Calendar layouts (particularly in conjunction with showing only available schedule items)
can help you see the big picture when
you are putting the finishing touches on your plans.
Saving a Temporary View
If you decide a temporary view will be of use to you in the future, make
it permanent by clicking
on the Save link on the signup page's title line. Once a temporary
view has been saved as a personal schedule in this way, you can display
it whenever you want:
- On Self-Signup Home, find it in the Schedules
column and click on it. (Note: personal schedules are green, and the rest are blue).
- On a signup page,
click on the dropdown menu on the page's title line and select it.
Managing Your Personal Schedules
This page lists all the personal schedules you have created. From it, you can:
- Show a schedule. This displays the schedule on your signup page.
- Show a temp view/update a schedule's view.
This displays the view on your signup page. If you want to update the schedule,
click on the Save It link and then on the Save View button.
- Copy/Move a view. This creates a schedule (with the same name) in the indicated
event. If the original schedule's event is over, the action is a Move —
meaning it will no longer be in the old event afterwards.
- Delete a schedule.
- Rename a schedule.
- Unprivileged users cannot Copy or Move a schedule into an event that is already over.
- Unprivileged users cannot Rename or Show an event that is already over.