Event's Web Stages
Active Web Stages:
- Development. Events start out in Development stage. Such events are not visible
on Self-Signup Home — except to people with Admin, Agent, or Observer privileges.
However admins and agents can signup people while an event is in Development stage.
(Also like any other signup, such signups are displayed
in the owner's Your Signups table until the event is completely over).
- Published. If and when you want to allow regular people to see the
schedule and sign themselves up online,
set the event's web stage
to Published. In other words, this makes the event visible on everyone's
Self-Signup Home until the event's
signup schedule is entirely in the past.
- Self-Signups Over. This is a sub-case of Published. It causes
all otherwise-available schedule items to display Signups Closed — rather
than a Signup button.
Inactive Web Stages:
- Completed. Set web stage to Completed at some
point after the event is over. As the 1st note implies, the
exact timing depends on when you no longer think of this event as a current event.
- Out-of-date. Set an event's stage to this when you
want to delete the event or when you are no longer
interested in using it as the template for a future events.
In other words, events in this stage do not appear in the
Create-by-copying dropdown menus.
- You can update an event's schedules after publishing them.
But for a big change, you might want to set web stage back to Development first.
Similarly if you ever actually need to cancel an event before it occurs, you can
set its stage back to Development.
- A privileged user can choose the events that home pages show. On Admin Home, individual
stages and all plausible combinations can be displayed. On Self-Signup Home, the
choices are: all Active events, those Active events that are not yet in the past,
and what unprivileged users see — those Published events that are not yet in the past.
- Individual schedule items can be made to display Signups Closed, by setting
up a Signup/Cancel Deadline
for a schedule.
Similarly past this deadline, a person cannot cancel a signup
or change a signup form's
fields via PRESTO.