To use a PRESTO group's website, you must belong to the group. You
become part of a group by registering. Thereafter you gain access to the
group by logging in.
While Logged In
After you login, you can:
- Do signups by visiting schedule pages.
- Access your personalized view, as described below.
- View and create forum messages.
The user forum is provided to help groups find information and collaborate.
It enables people to participate in multi-person discussions in their group
or across the entire PRESTO community. Using the forum is much like using email.
To make it as easy as possible to revisit and login to your PRESTO group,
you might want to do the following.
- Bookmark Self-Signup Home. (This is done by clicking on your browser's Star icon near the top
of the browser window).
- If your browser asks you if it should remember your PRESTO Login information when
you login, answer Yes.
- If you are in other groups, you can create login shortcuts to them. To do so,
click on the to the right of the Logout button.
If you do not Logout when you leave this website, you
will still be logged in when you come back.
However if you need to leave PRESTO unattended in a public location, you
should logout or password-protect your screen.
Your Personalized View
After you login, your name, links to your info, and your signups
will be displayed at the bottom of Self-Signup Home:
- You will be able to change your password and view/update
your registration info. (In particular, if you get a new email address,
you should login using the old email address 1 last time to
change your email address in your registration info).
- If you have any signups for ongoing or upcoming events,
you will be able to view and change them as well. You can also export upcoming
signups to cal.txt, which is a CSV file that can be imported into Calendar apps
like Google Calendar. (This file is created in your browser's Download page).
- You will be able to display and manage any
personal signup schedules you have created.
(A personalized schedule is created by Saving a temporary view setup by
clicking on a icon).
Temporary views and personal schedules can save time, particularly with a large schedule, because
they enable you to quickly get to just the schedule items you are interested in.